Friday, July 20, 2007

AWD = A wanking d**khead.

I'm boycotting a certain travel agency. The terms and conditions were not up to date, there were NO contact numbers, the only way to contact them prior to booking was by emailing them through their site, NO ONE replies to the emails (note that I said emailS), and the worst thing is, they don't even put your request in to the hotel!

I went through this third-party booking site to get to Hotel Helang, the hotel I'll be staying in during my upcoming Langkawi trip since I couldn't find their current telephone number online. After submitting the request, I got the reply email saying "bla bla bla bla bla Reservation Status : Not Yet Confirmed - Awaiting Hotel Confirmation".

Awaiting Hotel Confirmation. That means the hotel was either already contacted on the request or will be told of it right? I waited for 4 working days, got fed up, and called the company (thankfully they put it in the email) and was told that the hotel have yet to reply. Whattatooting man, I'll be there in less than a week, it's the low season, and yet the hotel can't tell me whether there are rooms empty?

I searched for the sister hotel's number, hoping to get the number for Hotel Helang from them (hehe, kinda paiseh ask for a hotel for another hotel's tel no.) and was told that reservations were done by them (yay!) and that they did not recieve any news from the agency regarding my booking. Wtf? Hotel Helang's team has wayyyyyyy better PR skills than that of the agency. The kind lady I was referred to asked for my number, and said that she will call the agency to sort out my case. In less than 15 minutes later, she called and told me that my request was on the waiting list. Fine, waiting list waiting list la how long did I need to wait bla bla bla tell me are there rooms available so I can search somewhere else. Her reply? Alot of rooms are available, but I do not know how long you'll have to wait for the agency to get to you.

>.agency have not sent any correspondence to her department, and will not be sending anything until I'm off the waiting list. Waiting list for what? For the agency to get off it's lazy ass and send in my request ah? Helloooooooooooooooooo, one email's all it takes!

In the end, the super kind lady booked a room for me through the phone, though the room promotion was for web booking only, and since none of us have our own credit card, she pulled some strings and we can pay upon check-in instead of pre-paying!

See A*** W** D*****, you lost out on your commision and a long term customer all becouse of sucky service. *glare*


Oh, and when I cancelled with that travel agency, only then did I get their reply.

"We regret to inform you that Hotel Helang is fully booked during 24 July 2007 to 27 July '07"


BULLSHIT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home