Friday, August 29, 2008

One Thousandth Each of a Thousand Faces.

Since I could remember I had many faces, a thousand facades.
Everyday I go through them a hundred times.
So often I do, for so long a time,

I no longer know which is truly mine.

More often than not I feel
that it's a piece from everything.
One thousand masks broken into one thousand pieces
One thousandth each of a thousandth faces

All glued into one.

What's left of the rest, of the thousands of pieces
can be put back seamlessly.
But if you have seen that mask, if you have seen it in detail, as a whole,
That one missing piece stares right back at you.

What do you see underneath?
It could be me, or yet another mask.
Who is to know, if I myself wonder?
To look through that pinhole, into my soul or just another layer under another and another.

I fear too much.
I fear knowing, I fear not knowing.
I fear deception, I fear the truth.


I fear you.

Yet, I think...

I think.





Unrelated: Boohoo. Tomorrow's my last day of work. Gonna miss the whole office. Good thing it's so near, at least I can visit them now and then. Wait. Just looked at the clock. TODAY's my last day. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 29 August, 2008 19:26 , Blogger BLue said...

people will only know to judge you in a mask, but do they know the reason behind a mask? some1 who is hurt or having less confident in themselves? we'll never know...

 
At 29 August, 2008 21:18 , Blogger SlumbeRaja said...

agreed with blue. but then what can we do about it.

just dropping by slumbeR@J@!

 
At 29 August, 2008 22:06 , Blogger faredah said...

wahh.. kenapa u? sigh.. still at the office la.. a good thing firdaus is still here.. am waiting for me dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home