Sunday, October 12, 2008

HELP BPsych Freshmen's Lunch - Autumn 2008

We have a tradition here in the Psychology Department that not many others in Malaysia have. Even HELP students in other department miss out on this, as their departments don't love them as much do not follow it.


Butterflies.

Yeah, I know. Harvard, Cambridge, they all do it. They do it more often than us even. But hey, they don't have a 30 degree Celsius average temperature there now do they?


I feel like getting a birdcage for my new room. In Black. Or rainbow-ed.

This is my second time dressed up in the scholar's gown. My first was as a Freshie, still jakun-ing away. Now I'm here as their senior in the Student Council (even though I'm technically still a freshie). This change in viewpoints does wonders to my way of thinking.


My first macro shot that I like. Anyone know what's this?

Also realised how much difference one month of mingling can make. The Freshmen's Lunch is usually held during the second week into the semester, but because of the fasting month, this semester's Lunch was postponed, and for the better I say. You should see the number of people greeting each other, laughing and talking away. Much different from my Freshmen's Lunch.


Centerpiece. Was bored of the speeches, and hungry for lunch.

Good thing the good food (and roast lamb!) is still the same. Hehe. And Dr Goh's speech too.


I increased the contrast a little, and love the pic even more. If I do get a black birdcage for my room, I want it lined with this.


Mr. Cameraman. Bugger. Owns two DSLRs, and getting another one next week. That's at least RM15k already k!


Our "waiter" for the day. Hehehe. There wasn't much space between tables, so it was hard to get in and out, so once Nick got out, we placed our orders. =D


Camwhoring.


The returned gowns. And that's only one bag.


Was raining really heavily, so after sorting everything we killed time watching the launch of the "Power of 10 Sen" project in HELP.


Gah. Blurry pic, and extremely bright backdrop. No worries, you can see who's the biggest star on that stage in the video below.



On a different note,

Congratulations on the huge lead you guys! Gambatte for Sports Day!

3 Comments:

At 13 October, 2008 03:25 , Blogger Simon Seow said...

You're in HELP and studying Psycho? You know Jan E? By the way, my office is in HP Tower.

 
At 13 October, 2008 15:14 , Blogger electronicfly said...

Err, don't think I know her.. Eh, my uncle's working there too!

/me misses HP mamak's nasi ayam

 
At 14 October, 2008 15:28 , Blogger faredah said...

i love the pic where u increased the contrast. the line up is good but it's a bit blurry (mcm lecturer komen je.. ahahah)

but the colour contrast is vibrant. interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home