Thursday, November 27, 2008

Con Artist

I was in a rush to get to a LRT station yesterday as I needed to get to KLCC by 5pm so I had to catch a cab.

Murphy's Law took effect.

There are usually 947016702384 cabs dropping and picking people off, and since it was around 4pm the roads have yet to clog up with cars so they will usually take you to where ever you want to go.

I waited for 10 minutes and only one cab stopped. He won't take me to KL Sentral. Not even to Bangsar!

Waited another 10 minutes. Another cab stops. This time it's from Uptownance.

Once I told him I want to get to KL Sentral, he said "Guna meter, tambah dua ringgit. Tak mau meter, 10 ringgit" (Use the meter, add two ringgit. Without meter, 10 ringgit).

Wth? I splurged for lunch, so had only 8 ringgit left, including my emergency cash. There was no way I was going to take the risk of having not enough money to pay for my ride so I got down from the cab. Besides, it was obvious the driver was one of those who gives taxi drivers a bad name by overcharging.

Luckily I didn't have to wait for another 10 minutes to get another cab.

At first he wouldn't take me, but after he saw how desperate I was he kindly drove me to KL Sentral.

My ride only set me back RM4.20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home