Saturday, July 18, 2009

A PB&J sandwich isn't one without the J

I was looking through photos of someone to see how's he doing.

It brought back memories of the past, mainly proof that you can't tango without a partner, how a clap with only one hand isn't a clap and a PB&J sandwich isn't one without the J.

Doesn't matter if you've support from his family, a million fans, have a dozen legs or slice after slice of bread.

Without reciprocal feelings, a tango partner, the opposite hand and jar after jar of jam, it won't work out.

Heh. I remembered that time where the whole family was complaining about his then girlfriend in front of me and him. On and on, on and on, until his mom started comparing her with me. Then they all joined in and continued comparing.

Although she was also a friend, I couldn't help but feel a little happy inside. When your crush's family puts you on a pedestal over your crush's girlfriend, won't you feel all tingly inside too?

They broke up not long after. I knew it would happen; he just was too much a filial son to maintain that relationship, especially since she realized the family weren't accepting her.

I also knew it wouldn't mean anything for our relationship. I could read him well enough to know that what we have will not go beyond friendship. I left it at there; why ask for more heartache?

But why is it that no matter what happens, there's always a little stain left over in my heart? Everyone who made an impact in my life, whether we knew each other for a week or 10 years, whether we talk every day or haven't spoken a full sentence to each other for years. They all left a little stain in my heart no stain remover can wash off.

That I take as an unexplained fact of my life. Now the question I have to wait to get answered is





Will you, my beloved, in health or sickness, for richer or poorer, cover all those little stains with the colour of your affection?
------------

Hahaha oh man. The Psychologist in me just had to think of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs when the Teacher was proofreading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home