Saturday, September 05, 2009

Bad Service

A dark cloud seems to be following me around lately.

I've not had exceptionally great service recently. Instead, many places just seem to not care about their clients anymore. In this time of recession, you would think companies will try and improve their customer service to increase/retain their piece of the pie (since it incurs practically no cost anyway). Some businesses I have dealt/am dealing with seem to go against that point of common sense.

Companies directing you to websites that does not work.

Companies not replying customers' emails (both privately and through their website), even if it's a query about their product.

Companies that simply ignore certain customers, but reply others.

Companies that don't do what they are supposed to do.

(I'm surprisingly quite calm about this. No The Hulk rage. Hmm, I wonder what's up?)

One company I'm fuming (Read line above. I know, I'm quite angry at them, but still quite calm. Does not make sense. =/) about is SecureXpress.

Some backstory first:

I won a L'oreal Infallible Lipstick from a competition from My Women Stuff recently (or not so recently. It's been about month). After a couple of weeks, I updated ParisB that I've not gotten the prize yet and when she checked with L'oreal, they told her it hasn't been delivered because their courier (SecureXpress) does not know where my location is, hence they didn't deliver it.

1: A courier company does not know a location.
2: They can't even simply GoogleMap it.
3: They didn't even bother informing L'oreal.

Within a day, L'oreal called me to ask for permission to give my number to SecureXpress so they can liaise with them directly (Now that's what I call efficiency and good customer service). Obviously I was ok with it. A week or so later, while I was on my way back from class, I got a call from a SecureXpress deliveryguy, asking for directions. After giving it, I asked where he was to check whether I'll reach home before he does. He said he was on the LDP, which gives me ample time to reach home before him (I was really near at that time) but I still asked him to wait for me, just in case he reaches first.

He reached first. Less than 5 minutes earlier in fact.

But he didn't wait.

Since he obviously just left my housing area, I tried calling his handphone again but he didn't pick up, so I called the branch office. After making me wait 15 minutes for them to check my number, address etc, they told me they will try to contact their driver and will call me later.

No call came.

Last Wednesday, I called SecureXpress again to arrange another delivery on Friday. The person who picked up the phone seemed unsure about everything, and I believe in the end I spoke to the same deliveryman again, and he confirmed that they will deliver my prize on Friday.

I kept Friday free so I can stay at home to wait for my package.

It never came.

5.30PM came and went, while calls made were not picked up. Fine, so they are closed by 5.30PM.

I called again at 9.15AM this morning. Again, no one picked up the phone, so I called the general tracking line (I Googled it, a "skill" that everyone at SecureXpress don't seem to have) and was told that the latest update in their system is that my item could not be delivered because I was not home i.e. their first attempt to deliver my item. My fuse started burning.

I was asked to contact the branch office again to check and when I told them no one picked up the phone, the lady said "maybe you can try at 9.45 like that, as it's quite early for them now". Fine.

I called the branch office at 9.45AM but my call was only answered at my third call. After giving my tracking number again, I was once again told that they would call me back. This time round, I got a name (so I know who I can screw later on).

It's now 11.20AM. I am on the phone, waiting for that person to get on the line, after I called them.

Five minutes later, she finally comes on the line. After explaining who I was three times, she finally remembers and checks on the status of my parcel.

Now she's telling me that they tried to deliver it three times.

Bullshit.

I missed their first delivery by 5 minutes, and their second delivery (which I called to arrange) never came.

And she made me speak in Malay, which I've not used much ever since highschool.

Ok, The Hulk has made an appearance.

Without apologizing or even giving any excuses, she finally tells me that my item is with them, and asks when am I free for them to deliver. She adds that if I'm not free, they can leave it in my postbox.

Yea, if I allow them to leave it in my postbox, they will probably take my prize and use it themselves and then say they've already "left it in your postbox". As if I'm that stupid.

Screw them.

If 18th September comes and they once again DON'T deliver my prize, I am writing many many emails.

3 Comments:

At 05 September, 2009 15:06 , Blogger Dayze said...

Haha puki ayam betul eh?

 
At 05 September, 2009 15:17 , Blogger electronicfly said...

yala. now mix of both our ftws.

fuck this win T.T

 
At 05 September, 2009 23:46 , Blogger Mechell said...

i support you complaining. had bad service from a certain company just recently too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home